Use this method for a quick clean-up throughout the season — adding in the bleach solution to easily sanitize and eliminate any stubborn stains or dirt build-up.
- Mix mild dish soap and warm water in a bucket.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe the soapy mixture onto the surfaces of your furniture, cleaning off any dirt.
- For extra cleaning power or to sanitize, mix 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water.
- Apply bleach mixture to furniture with a clean cloth and allow it to sit on the lumber for a few minutes (this will not affect the color).
- Loosen any dirt and debris that may catch in the surface grooves of the lumber by scrubbing the bleach mixture with a soft-bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Added Cleaning Power
If you haven't cleaned your furniture in a year using a high-pressure power washer is pretty satisfying.
- First, use a high-pressure power washer (not to exceed 1,500 psi) for an initial deep clean. This will really help get into the texture of the lumber
- Then, follow the steps above for any persistent spots, rinsing thoroughly when complete.